Sunday, April 10, 2011

A new Initiative with Parent Newsletters

This year, I started a new initiative with monthly parent newsletters and I’m surprised to discover that I actually enjoy putting this together. It’s a short one-page newsletter that highlights photos, studio news, events, student achievements, practice and fun tips to enlighten parents on how they may offer support at home and play an active role in their children’s musical education. It’s been a fun experience so far getting to explore and be creative with this little project and not to mention, it certainly is very encouraging that parents are noting these tips to keep practice and music making fun at home.  

I'm happy to share this newsletter template if anyone is interested in personalizing for their studio. Click here to download

8 comments:

  1. This is great, Wendy! Do you print the newsletters or send the file via email? What do you find is the most successful method of delivery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne. I send a pdf version of the newsletter by email every month. I communicate mostly via email unless there is something specific I need to discuss with parents. Email seems to be working well for me plus I get to track responses. Your studio website is definitely another good place to put your newsletters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your newsletter looks great, Wendy! I have been intending to do something similar for a while now. Initially I thought my blog was going to be a way to communicate with parents, but now that I have started, I think it is more of a blog about teaching in general so I am starting to think about the parent newsletters again. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome Luba. It's a fun project, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy - your blog looks great so far! I am adding you to my links page and am following you via email.

    I love the look of your newsletter. I want to start something like this in my studio starting in the fall. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Joy and so nice of you to drop a note. I have been following your blog for a while and I’m very impressed with the amazing content and resources you have there.I’m sure you’ll enjoy working on the newsletter, look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendy :) I've done the newsletter through just emails in the past but I love your layout.. so colorful. What program did you use to do the newsletter ? Thanks as always.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan, I used to create the newsletters using Microsoft Publisher but now I'm using Pages from the iWork suite for all design work and layouts. The program seems quite intuitive and easy to use.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and thoughts, I enjoy reading them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...