Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weekend Project with Pointing Sticks


I have always loved crafts even as a child.  When I was at Wal Mart over the weekend, I came across Crayola's air-dry clay that got me really excited about the world of possibilities in my MYC classes.
One tool that the children really enjoy using is the pointing stick when they reverse roles so kids get to point for parents. They love pointing and counting out loud to make sure mom or dad keeps the beat and follows all the rules on the music! I  had earlier found the wooden dowels and cute little critter pieces from the dollar store and along with the Crayola clay, I set out on a fun project to create new pointing sticks for my studio. I can't wait to surprise the little kids at their next class!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! It's super easy to make and I'm quite happy with the results

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteness! I love crafts too- one of my favorite things to do is to go in Michael's and just brainstorm while I look at craft supplies...with music in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Leah, that sounds familiar. Michaels have the coolest stuff, now if only I had more time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and thoughts, I enjoy reading them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...