Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Faure's Dolly Suite with Music Minus One

I was so thrilled to discover "Music Minus One" a month ago while browsing on SheetMusicPlus. Finally I'm able to play a duet with primo/secondo accompaniment or a concerto with full orchestral accompaniment on CD.
One of my favorite duets is definitely Faure's Dolly Suite. I used to play this with my father when I was little and this just brings back sweet memories of good times. So I was very happy to find this available under the Music Minus One series which provides the complete score and an accompanying CD for both primo and secondo parts.

Yesterday, I had fun playing Le Jardin de Dolly (no. 3 from the suite), recording the primo part and then mixing in the secondo part from the CD. Quite pleased with how it turned out :)

This summer, I'm thinking it would be really neat to work on Mozart's Concerto in C+ KV503 with full orchestral accompaniment from the CD:)

4 comments:

  1. This looks like fun! I just checked these out on Sheet Music Plus and I see they have the Mendelssohn Piano Trio in D Minor. Oh dear, another item in my cart. One of these days I'll have to press the "buy" button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne: The Mendelssohn is beautiful and it is now in my cart too :) Isn't it exciting to be able to play works for chamber music with full accompaniment? The Dolly Suite was sitting in my cart for a while and I decided to take advantage of the 20% discount that SheetMusicPlus is offering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara Phipps-SaduJune 9, 2011 at 9:13 PM

    This is beautiful, Wendy. I think I'll add The Dolly Suite to my music wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Barbara, I think you will really enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and thoughts, I enjoy reading them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...