Monday, May 9, 2011

Embraceable You by Gershwin, Arrangement by Earl Wild

I've really enjoyed reading Jenny Boster's posts on "motivating ourselves to practice" and the wonderful  weekend repertoire column on her blog, which really inspired me to get practicing. Finally I squeezed in some practice time in the last few days and really enjoyed working on "Embraceable You", a piece I'm looking forward to playing at my studio's year-end recital. One more month to go!
This piece is one of the many beautiful songs composed by Gershwin and Earl Wild did an amazing job with a beautiful arrangement for the piano.

So here I am testing out my first recording. I don't have any videos yet, still learning how to put it together. It's a big learning curve for me but an exciting project for the summer :)

11 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Wendy! Beautiful playing, and such a lush arrangement. I think you've inspired me to go sit at the piano for a bit before my teaching day starts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Luba.I managed to squeeze in some practice time from 10pm to 1am the last few days. Maybe I should start waking up at 6am instead :)
    I am also very thankful for the wonderful playing, support, encouragement and ideas so generously shared by yourself and other piano teacher bloggers....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great, Wendy! Is that your piano I was wanting to hear? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Leah...Yes, this was recorded on my grand piano. Still working on the video part :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Makes me want to go get that music!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Nicole....appreciate your kind comments. You can find the sheet music on http://earlwild.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy, you sound fantastic! I loved hearing you play. Can't wait for those videos to start appearing too. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Anne. I'm watching some tutorials on creating videos and synchronizing with an external audio source so it would be interesting to learn how to put this together:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful playing, Wendy! What a dazzling and lush arrangement, too. Really looking forward to more recordings and videos of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your kind comments Stace, how sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wendy, your playing is full of artistry and versatility! Wonderful piece and beautifully played and recorded!- posted by Jenny Ong

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and thoughts, I enjoy reading them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...