Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Gift Certificate?

I was practicing one afternoon last week when I heard a knock on my front door. I was greeted by a familiar face and then the gentleman introduced himself as the husband of an adult student who used to take lessons at her leisure. I was surprised to see him but it was not long before I learned he would like a gift of piano lessons for his wife's birthday. How VERY sweet and thoughtful, his lovely gesture really moved me and more significantly, I felt honored that my lessons were worth something to this wonderful lady I had the priviledge of working with. For the longest time, I thought she had quit and I had failed to keep her interested.
The gentleman asked if I had gift certificates and wanted to know if he could have one right away. I thought that he really deserved a nicer gift certificate than a casual handwritten business card that acknowledges receipt of the purchase. Thank goodness he was patient enough to wait a few days considering my crazy schedule last week. Yesterday, he came to collect the gift certificate and the smile on his face really touched me....
Since I have the gift certificate created, I'm glad to share it with anyone who may need this for their studio. I've never had a request for one until now.....what an honor to know my service makes a worthy gift...:)

4 comments:

  1. I actually did this with my own students this past Christmas. When we stopped lessons for Christmas break, I gave them each a card with a certificate for one free lesson to use when they came back for lessons in January. They thought it was the greatest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of you Leah, that's a terrific idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had something similar happen to me just a couple months ago. I had someone want to buy lessons for their wife for mother's day! I thought it was so sweet because it is her dream to learn how to play. So he bought 2 months of lessons for her. I didn't have a certificate to give. What a good idea! I will have to remember that next time something like that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lacy. I decided to come up with this gift certificate because the gentleman who bought it was SO excited when he stood at my doorstep. And I was even more thrilled that someone considered my lessons a gift. Thanks for sharing your experience Lacy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and thoughts, I enjoy reading them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...