Monday, June 20, 2011

My Year-End Recital

Last Friday, I had my studio's Year-End Recital on a beautiful, sunny day. I am SO delighted that the kids put on such a splendid performance of their recital songs. There was such amazing poise and confidence and the students all seemed so eager to be in the limelight. They practiced very diligently and I could feel the looming excitement to share their recital songs with the audience. The large hall and grand piano that stood on a stage did not seem to intimidate the performers at all and they each performed their solos by memory. Words simply couldn't describe the pride and joy I was feeling.
The program featured solo performances by MYC and private students, a duet and trio and ended with my rendition of Gershwin's "Embraceable You", arranged by Earl Wild. It certainly felt good to perform alongside the students. Then I presented the gifts and awards and what a time of sharing afterwards! 
The event was indeed a memorable one and I decided to make a slideshow of the pictures captured to share with parents. Another year has gone by but it was one filled with much warmth, wonderful memories and amazing progress with these students. I'm excited to share the slideshow with all fellow teachers, hope you enjoy it!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Wendy! Your video looks great!

    I was just wondering what you use for "gifts and awards". I have never given out anything at my recitals, but I'm thinking of starting this next spring. I think it's a very good idea, and I know a couple piano teachers in my area that do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charlotte. This year, I designed a frame on the computer to fit the students' compositions and then printed on cardstock as gifts for the students. It was quite a bit of work but I think it would make a good keepsake. I also gave out stickers and a thank you note to the students. As for the awards, I gave out certificates along with gifts like music books, CDs and also beautifully illustrated books by Petter Carragio. I think the kids deserve to be rewarded for the extra effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the slideshow Wendy! One of my school teacher friends did this with all her pictures for the year. I loved the idea so much that I'm going to start doing that next year. I post it all on my blog, so why not turn it into a slide show. The spring recital would be the perfect ending!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jennifer. I was excited about creating the slideshow because it's such a great way to share the pictures. I think you will have a lot of fun creating this....the wonders of technology!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and thoughts, I enjoy reading them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...