Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Recital Preparations

Last week, I had a "kids only" class to work on a special project for their parents. It was doodle day and the kids were overjoyed when I pulled out sheets of drawing paper and crayons and then announced the creative assignment. Parents have attended a full year of lessons with their children and I thought it would be nice for them to take a break and for the students to work on a simple thank you gift for mom and dad. The kids worked within a 10 minute time limit to complete their artwork after which I quizzed them on musical terms, symbols and everything we've learned throughout the year.

Here's what a student came up with after 20 minutes of doodling and writing down the answers to my questions. I collected the artwork, rolled them into scrolls and attached a small packet of tea bags along with a thank you note. I'm planning a surprise gift that the children can proudly present their parents.

As for student gifts, I have been keeping busy with some frame designs that showcase each student's composition on one side and photos on another. The project is finally completed for 24 students and I am very excited to include this along with the certificates in a gingham sleeve to present on recital day. I am hoping this will be a special keepsake in the years to come....

4 comments:

  1. Oh...my...gosh! So cute Wendy, what an adorable idea for the Moms and Dads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne....I hope the parents like them. Having my recital tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the recital went well! Your gifts are so creative and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Laura. The recital went well and I think the parents appreciated the gifts from the children:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and thoughts, I enjoy reading them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...