Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Interval Snap





Here's a card game I'm experimenting with and I'm quite excited to use in my classes to help students become more fluent at reading intervals. I've made up these cards that can be used on its own (as flashcards) or for a game of Interval Snap. 


Instructions to play:
  1. Distribute all cards equally to each student
  2. All cards to be placed faced down. Each student opens the top card and the person with the largest interval snaps up all cards. If there is a tie, students continue to draw cards to determine who has the larger interval. Game continues until a student wins all cards.
  3. For variation, the teacher calls out "move" and all students move to the right, playing the set of cards of the next student. Set a timer for a shorter game
You are welcome to print Interval Snap for your studio use. I've also included a card backing which is optional to print on the other side. There is also a template for anyone who wishes to create additional cards for patterning or melody playback activities. Game making is fun!....now it's time for a test drive with a few students :)

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Noteheads can be a bit of an obscure concept for young kids - bit they'll surely understand the balls!

    I'll add it to my list of things to do on the first group classes. Thanks for sharing, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome LaDona, glad you like it and that you can make use of it for your classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great group class activity! Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very welcome Laura, hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy.

    Hope you had a wonderful summer. Thanks so much again for your hard work. I know this will be a hit with my boy students especially. I did tell u that you are AWESOME right ? Anyway, thanks so much again !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thanks for the kind words Susan. I'm really glad that you will find use with this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and thoughts, I enjoy reading them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...