Friday, August 26, 2011

Student Spotlight Corner

This post is inspired by Joy Morin's recent initiative with the new series of "Teacher Feature" on her blog. I really enjoy reading her interview notes and learning how other teachers run their piano studios. From Joy's wonderful idea, I thought it would give an interesting twist to interview my students and feature a "Student Spotlight Corner" periodically on my studio newsletter. 
As such, I'm aspiring to be quite a lot more observant this year at taking note of special student interest, achievements, skills, funny moments to share when highlighting students in the student spotlight corner. I'm sure the students will be so excited to see a photo or video featuring a performance of their song. I'm thinking of creating a short video and sharing it via a private link with the families in my studio. 
The video might have the student give a short introduction followed by a performance of their favourite song. 
I have a feeling that this is going to generate some excitement amongst parents and students and I am really looking forward to starting this project in the fall. It will likely be a very good motivational tool and gives something for the kids to look forward to as they work hard to polish their favourite pieces.
Have you done something similar to feature students in your studio? If you have, please share your experiences, it's so interesting to learn how you plan a fun project like this!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! The parents and kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stace, I'm looking forward to adding this to the newsletter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and thoughts, I enjoy reading them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...