Sunday, November 27, 2011

Treble Clef Ornaments

I love this time of the year especially the days leading up to Christmas. The snow (although it's only been a day of light flurries so far in Surrey), the Christmas tunes always bring around a warm fuzzy feeling. 
Around the studio, the students are making Treble Clef ornaments from shiny pipe cleaners and colourful beads, a craft activity that is inexpensive and nicely doubles up as a practice incentive. Students have been collecting a bead for each day of practice from 2 weeks ago. 
This is the second year we're making the treble ornaments and I love how beautiful they look on the Christmas trees. I thought it would be fun this year to trade treble clef ornaments with other students from the studio. This week, we'll be making the treble clef ornaments in class and students will be dropping the ornaments in a basket. They will each collect an ornament at the Christmas recital to take home for their tree.
I'm excited to experiment with other musical symbols from the shiny pipe cleaners and beads, will share a photo if I am successful :) 

9 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I think I might make some of these myself and give them to the kids after our Holiday Recital! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to get students into the Christmas spirit. I love how you have incorporated this craft activity into your piano lessons. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful tips and ideas Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Stace and Richard. I love crafts myself and glad that I'm able to incorporate a fun craft activity in my classes. Inexpensive, super easy and so pretty on the tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling! Such a cute craft, I think I'll make some for my students to receive after their recital! Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Whitney, I'm planning to make some myself. Will try out the other symbols and hopefully have a photo or two to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these!! I'm going to pin it on my teaching board on Pinterest! This will be a great project for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you like it Leah, my students and I LOVE creating these!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So simple but cute/elegant. Going to make some with my daughter to give to her piano teacher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so thoughtful :) Have fun with the project!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments and thoughts, I enjoy reading them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...