Monday, January 9, 2012

Triads And Inversions With Upside Down Snowman

This post is inspired by one reader who asked how I am using one of the teaching materials I created with the Upside Down Snowman. Mr. Snowman has become one of the favourite characters in my classes and I have been thinking what fun it would be to bring it to live!
In response to the email, I thought about a video demo but that quickly turned into an idea of a little animation that I hope will benefit students as well.
The upside down snowman illustrates the concept of changing around the notes of the triad to form inversions. I have used felt circles in different colours to demonstrate how Mr. Snowman flips to 1st and 2nd inversions which has worked well and now I am excited to include a little animation to go along after I tell the story of the upside down snowman.


I hope that these presentations will engage students and the upside down snowman will lead them in the discovery of the triads & inversions for the other keys.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you ladies, I'm so glad you enjoyed this.
    Joy, I wouldn't have been able to achieve this without the tools and technology we have today. Thank you for the inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, seriously, I could have used this in my college theory course LOL!!! Now my girls are learning theory, and not finding inversions any easier than I did. Thanks so much for this great visual! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I had so much fun creating it, hope your girls enjoy this and the printable.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments and thoughts, I enjoy reading them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...