Monday, April 16, 2012

Grade 1 Technique Chart


I was delighted to see Anne's recent post about her cute nom nom cards, such a fun way for students to review technique for the upcoming exams. Funny how my students seem to also think they have all the time to polish up scales and register finger#2 on the right hand 1st inversion triads while I stay feeling apprehensive about exams creeping up in a few short months!

I'm excited to give each of my students a set of Anne's nom nom cards to take home and I know already that they will have much more fun with the cute cards instead of flipping through pages of their scales and technique book. I'm challenging them to complete all technique (fluently) within a given time limit.

To complement the nom nom cards, I've created a visual to show the Grade 1 technical requirements on a single page since I have few students playing their Grade 1 exam. I'm planning to have students colour in each piece as each scale/key is mastered and played confidently with a good tone. Hope the blank doodles won't stay too long :)

You are welcome to print this resource for your studio use if your students might enjoy some colouring.

12 comments:

  1. Wendy, that's awesome. Makes me wish i had a student doing a grade 1 exam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LaDona. I am planning to create these "colouring pages" for the other levels as well but cannot imagine what a Grd 10 page will look like, or if a student at that level might even be interested in receiving one of these! :)

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic idea! I'm going to make some sheets for my lower grade students. Wendy, your blog is the first thing I read each morning followed by a quick scan through your favourite blog list to see if there are any new posts. Thank you for sharing all your ideas and tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard, thanks for taking the time to write and forward your comments, I appreciate hearing from you and learning that you find these resources helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy! What a great idea! I absolutely love these! I was wondering what computer program you use to create your worksheets? You always have the cutest sheets! I want to start making my own worksheets, but I'm not sure where to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stace, this sheet was created on Pages from Apple's iWork suite of office programs. You can make worksheets easily on Microsoft Word too if you have a PC. The possibilities are endless with the number of free clipart and fonts out there, have fun!!

      Delete
  5. I liked your Grade I Technique sheet very much. It was very revealing at lessons today !!! Keep them coming.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne, stay tuned for more levels. I'll post them as they are created :)

      Delete
  6. This is great, Wendy! I love the idea that kids and color in as they master the elements. I make various charts for my kids, but this looks like much more fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Luba, check out the one for Grade 2 - just added today.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments and thoughts, I enjoy reading them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...